Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lady in the dressing room told me not to get shorts...

Well, not to get those shorts anyways.

I will start by saying I'm plus-size, I've lost a lot of weight recently and I feel great BUT I'm still big. No big deal, working on it. I decided to get some new summer stuff today. I saw a pair of short acid jeans shorts that I liked, and I told myself "I could totally pull that off now." I don't know, I just felt confident enough to. So I grab my size and I go try it along with a few t-shirts.

I put it on and I really like them but I want to see what they look like in those fancy 3 sided mirrors, so I go out and there is this lady that looks at me with a raised eyebrow look. Already my self confidence goes down, you know the "What am I thinking? this probably looks like crap on me!" Anyways, I walk to the mirror and I kinda still like them and they look really nice with the black top I got. Then the lady starts talking and says "I don't think you should get them sweety."

I think my heart stopped. I turned around and looked at her and said "sorry?" She said "I think those are too big on you. You have way over two inches on each side of your waist and I think they aren't meant to be that long. My daughter tried a similar pair, they're usually shorter, maybe try the smaller size." I felt like crying. I've practically NEVER been told to get a smaller size. She was also such a sweetheart about it. I tried the smaller size and she was right, totally different style and they did look better!

I am pretty sure she just made my day! Big hugs to all sweet ladies out there who help other ladies pick clothes that look good and fit them well.

Note: I've posted this story to Reddit, so you might have read it already, it's all good :) Did I mention how proud I am to lose weight? Really proud thank you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment