Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Introduction to Keto

I’m Carlinha, I’m 24 years old and I've been overweight probably all my life. For the longest time ever I was OK with that. I felt that it wasn't a big deal and that I could always lose weight if I felt like it. Yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking. Truth is it’s really hard to lose weight, I can’t believe I allowed myself to get this big. I’m currently making big changes in my life to no longer be overweight and life a healthier life.

My weight has been fluctuating between 220lbs-275lbs for the last 10 years. It’s been quite the challenge. I had two back to back pregnancies which caused a lot of weight gain and weight loss and being a mom in general caused me to gain 10lbs a month and lose 8lbs the next month. You get the idea, a really bumpy roller coaster. 5 months ago I decided that I had enough. I found myself having no energy and no patience to play with the children. It’s not normal, being so young and having no energy, what the hell? My husband too had been putting on quite some weight. When we met he was around 140lbs and he was over 200lbs by the time we decided to start out weight loss journey.  Our goal was simple: no longer be fat.

We did some research and agreed to try out the Keto “diet.” I put diet in brackets because we really don’t feel like it’s a diet. It’s not restricting and not hard to follow. It just sort of becomes a lifestyle. So we read a lot about Low Carb diets and decided to give it a go. We went at it cold turkey and sort of never looked back. At first, since then we've lost about 5-7lbs a month. It’s going great, and we are very happy.

The main reason why I started this blog is to share our experience with others. I know many people who are interested in low carb, high fat diets but who are hesitant to start them. I can understand that fear and I want to help you and encourage you to look over it and start losing weight. I also want to keep a log of our progress because it’s for sure going to be interesting to read it after another 5 months of Keto or a year… I can’t wait really!


That being said, I’m planning on publishing progress statistics, pictures, recipes, accomplishments, disappointment, and so much more. Feel free to follow us through this life changing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment